Wednesday 11 September 2013

DIY Vintage Handkerchief Bunting


I have been collecting vintage handkerchiefs for about a year now and it is fair to say I have accumulated quite a lot! The other day I decided to try and make some vintage handkerchief bunting and thought I would share how I did it here with you. The good news is it's really easy, no sewing involved at all! 


First of all, iron all of your handkerchiefs to ensure they are without creases. Then fold into triangles and iron them flat. 


Take a two handkerchiefs by the corner and tie them together with a simple knot. Keep adding handkerchiefs by the corner until you have reached your desired length.


There you have it! A lovely and simple project that can easily be accomplished in an afternoon!  

1 comment:

  1. That is so amazing that you don't have to sew in to them beautiful handkerchiefs and simple tie them.

    Fab DIY!!

    ReplyDelete