Tuesday 23 September 2014

Wedding Update


I can't believe it has been almost three months since Matt and I got engaged. The weeks are really flying by for me (and I think for everyone else too?) at the moment, as things are starting to get really busy with uni and even though I haven't had much time to do any wedding planning yet, I thought I might give a bit of an update to what I have been working on so far.

We are aiming to have our wedding in November 2015, as it will be spring which is such a gorgeous time of year, it will give us plenty of time to plan and make everything while I'm still at uni, and I will have just finished my degree! I finish uni for the semester at the end of October and hope to use the four months I have off to plan and organise as much of the wedding as I possibly can before I start my last year of uni. I'm hoping to do a lot of things myself, which some people think will become stressful, but it's something I've always wanted to do (I'm still even contemplating making my wedding dress!). I don't really want a fancy, 'traditional' wedding, but instead like the sound of a happy and fun day with good food and the people I love.

Something I've really enjoyed about being engaged is looking through wedding magazines! Two in particular that I really like are Hello May and White (the latest issue is truly beautiful!). I find them so inspiring and have already gotten a few good ideas from flicking through them and even Matt has seen a few things he likes. I definitely recommend them if you're getting married or if you like pretty things.

I haven't made anything for the wedding yet, but I am currently working on a little something for my bridesmaids which is turning out really nicely. I've decided on five bridesmaids and I wanted to make them each something small for them to keep, to make asking them a little bit special. I've had a lot of fun working on their little gifts and I'm looking forward to finally getting to ask them to be my bridesmaids. I will be sure to blog about what it is I've been working on once I've given them all out!

So that's everything that we have been up to so far. We haven't done much at all yet, but I'm really looking forward to the end of semester so that I can start planning a lot more. I hope you enjoyed this kind of post, I think I might do some more wedding updates in the future as they will be really nice to look back on once it's all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment