Tuesday 9 December 2014

Vintage Finds

I haven't shared some vintage finds for a while now. Lately I have been going op-shopping every Tuesday as I have a long list of things that I need to find for our wedding and engagement party, and I recently discovered that the city missions in Launceston have half price Tuesday for students. The last few times I've gone I haven't really found much, but today I came home with quite a few lovely things! 
The first items I found were some cute cake plates. I'm collecting these for the wedding and so pick up a few every time I need to make up $10 to use my card. I thought that this trio was very cute together.  

From the same op-shop I also picked up these lovely vintage badminton racquets. These were something on my list today and so I was very happy to find these five for just $1 each! 


Probably my favourite find of the day was this amazing picnic basket! It is such a good size and such good quality, and when I opened it up I was amazed to find all the plates and cutlery packaged nicely inside completely unused! This one was also a bargain at just $7. 

Also picked up this cute summer sundress for $2.50 (I really love student half price Tuesday!). What I love about this dress is that the skirt actually goes to my knees! I'm so over how short most dresses are at the moment are, so was very happy to find this gem.  

And lastly, I thought I would share some cute peachy fabric finds. I'm going to make the peach and white floral fabric into a dress, but am thinking of using the other fabric to make a vintage inspired skirt to wear now that the weather is getting a little hotter. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm Oooohing and arrrrring at the pretty plates! Esp the one on the right, so pretty, so girlie! I wonder if you will share how you are going to use the badminton rackets??? I'm intrigued! X

    ReplyDelete